The Department of Labor recently issued updated COBRA model notices to assist employers in complying with the recently enacted Temporary Extension Act of 2010 (“TEA”). The DOL website has the following model notices available:
- Model Updated General Notice
- Model Notice of New Election Period
- Model Supplemental Information Notice
- Model Notice of Extended Election Period
- Model Updated Alternative Notice
The website contains helpful information on each model notice so employers can determine which notices to send and each notice must be sent. Employers should take care to ensure they are sending out the appropriate updated notices as required by the TEA.